Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nursery Nightmare!!

Today the most horrifying experience of my current nursery career took place. I opened the closet to get out the toys, and T. asked for the GUITAR. "Guitar??" I asked myself. "What could he be talking about??" But T. was right, atop a bunch of toys on a pretty high shelf was a super-sonic-electronic-neon-green-multi-function-noisy-totally-fake guitar. He loved it!!! He kept it strapped to his shoulder and operating the entire classtime, except for 2 5-minute blocks when he let C. and G. use it and when it was time for music, lesson and snack.

Now, my policy with battery-operated toys with noise involved (we were once in possession of a noisy sit-and-spin) is that you may play with it but can't turn on the sound. But, for heaven's sake, what would the guitar be without the awesome (to a 3-year-old) sound effects? Another policy with the noisy toys is that we don't have any. The guitar just MYSTERIOUSLY SHOWED UP IN THE CLOSET. Is nothing sacred in this world? What might I find next week? A living herd of safari animals?

So, T., I hope you enjoyed the guitar. It will be a long time before you see it again if I have anything to do with it.

Oh, yeah, and I forgot my camera.

1 comment:

Doranda said...

haha. That is funny and not surprising at all. Tucker loves the guitar he has at home. You better hide it before he gets there next week and hope he doesn't remember.