Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Friday, March 11, 2011

Broken Foot

When I got myself to the doctor and he saw the x-ray, he said, "Yeah, it's busted." I am off the foot for 2 weeks and get to take advantage of the walking boot for about 4 weeks after that. No driving for the duration. I have had to cancel so many plans! A whole new opportunity to sit around, ponder life, and do some different things.

With spring coming it's an interesting time to be watching instead of doing. The weather is warmer and the birds are fully voicing their presense. I even had the window open the other day!

Do any of you have unexpected surprises lately?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Lorraine, I did the same thing 3 years ago, broke my foot running to the mailbox. It was such a pain! I taught RS the next Sunday, so the Bishop let me use his office wheelie chair and they wheeled me down the hall on it. Shopping was hard, but most stores have wheelchairs you can borrow, but everything is at the wrong height. What an eye opener! Using the battery ones at Target and Walmart was kind of fun. Good luck! I hope it heals as quickly as possible! Take good care of yourself. :)

Frank and Julie said...

My pleasant surprise was talking and gabbing like old times with my good friend! Call if you get bored. I wish I would have. I read The Seventh Seal when I had nothing to do. It is 3 big books long. Great fiction about the last days.