Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting Older

This week I had the pleasure of seeing 17 Miracles, a movie about LDS migration from the Midwest to Utah with handcarts. I was a little apprehensive about it, because, essentially, it looked depressing to me. But I enjoyed it very much.

I hadn't looked at my ticket stub until I got home. It only cost $7 to get into the matinee. "Wow," I thought, "what a great price."

Then I noticed they had given me the Senior rate.

Has anything like that ever happened to you?

3 comments:

Gayle Daly said...

Years ago and I mean years when I bought something at Value Village, the lady (who looked older than me) asked if I was a senior? I might have been in my early 40s. So yes, it does happen, but usually with someone who is too stupid to be able to judge someone's age.

KariMarie said...

I've been asked 6 or 7 times, by different people, if I am my 22 year old sister's mom.

I say with the ridiculous prices to see a movie. . . live up the senior rate! :)

Becky Blunt said...

Not yet, thanks to
1. Lady Clairol
2. The fact that most of my acquaintances are young children, who are remarkably poor at guessing ages.

BTW, my mom got her upper eyelids "done," for medical reasons, so now she looks even more my age. Sigh.