Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall All Around

Lots has been going on around here this fall. Tim just arrived from Alaska and is staying for a week or two before heading to Cambodia, via the west coast of the U.S. He is enjoy nephew Kyson very much! He asked, "Mom, was I like that? So ACTIVE?" "No. Nobody was like that!"

I took a rustic breads class with my friend, Gayle, and have made a few loaves of my own at home. Allan said, "These are just like the rosetti I had in Italy!" I can't imagine a higher compliment. Plus that it gets eaten. With Silas and Justin, and now Tim, it really does get eaten, even the experiments. The other day Justin asked if a recent batch was good, and I said, "It was an experiment. It didn't turn out like I had hoped. It's edible, but not great." From the other room Tim said, "Welcome to my childhood!" It's true--but not everything I did was sub-par. Just some things. Or just some things the first time. And that batch of bread is gone, all eaten up--so, for an experiment, it was good enough to eat!

Our neighbor's maple tree, just 2 doors down, does this (I will add the photo later), and then our tree goes crazy. Ours has more yellow. They're so pretty!

4 comments:

Gayle Daly said...

Tim's a stinker.

Lorraine Butler said...

Yeah, he is--but this time it was kind of true!

Kristin said...

Your bread looks awesome! Are you willing to share your recipe?

Lorraine Butler said...

Sure! I'll send you a copy.