Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Amaryllis Belladonna Revisited

A few weeks ago I was gazing at the wreckage that is my backyard garden and noticed a strange straight growth coming out of the ground. I couldn't figure out what it could possibly be--and I asked myself, "Can it be one of those ridiculous Naked Ladies I got from California that never did bloom???" And sure enough, it was! We had the hottest, driest summer on record, and that one bulb had survived and given me the rare treat of its blossoms. How cool is that?! 

I still believe that gardening is a great activity of hope. 

More on that later. (If you'd like to see the original post, check this out  http://lorrainesleanings.blogspot.com/2011/10/naked-ladies.html)

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

That is a lovely surprise! I guess warm weather has it's benefits. :)