Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Friday, July 24, 2009

Summertime Blues

I have been working on healthier eating and exercise since April and have taken off 20 pounds. The big bummer is that I have lost a total of 1 pound in the last 5 weeks. Let's get this straight: 1300 calories a day (sacrifice!), daily exercise, and nothing. I can maintain that level of dedication when I am losing, even a little, but one pound--not cool. Will measuring body fat help? Shake it up with bone-strengthening weight -lifting program? Run more miles? (NO!)
On another note, I had the chance to take a little ferry trip to Port Orchard, which is where a lot of Kitsap County action happens. Silas needed to go there, and find his way back to Bremerton, so I accompanied him there. It was cool! The boat is a well maintained part of Kitsap's bus system, and holds maybe 25 people and a couple of bicycles if needed. It's just a 10 or 15 minute ride from Bremerton's ferry terminal next to Puget Sound Naval Station, landing at Historic Port Orchard. I was able to enjoy Bremerton's newer waterfront parks en route to and from the boat, along with a lovely walk near remarkable homes, businesses, and waterfront in P.O. I would love to take my parents to Myhre's Diner there next time they come visit.

No comments: