Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Productive Day

This week I am taking the challenge from a nifty food storage site and am living off my stored/home-produced food. My personal goal is to not buy anything until next Wednesday. Easy? So far so good. With our dinner we had baby potatoes from the garden, along with some squash. Yum! I am not participating in the disaster prep activities from the website, but I am living off what we have in the house for a week. I have always wanted to do that.

I don't believe I have ever really canned anything from my garden before, but I just pickled some beets. I have never really been a big beet-eater, nor have my family members. I was a little disappointed in how the beets taste, so I decided to pickle them. So beautiful in their little jars! Like jewels.

I baked some whole wheat bread (I grind wheat berries into flour), since my daughter asked me to provide her with some every now and then. It has been a satisfying day.

No comments: