Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Wedding Date is Advancing

Preparations for Rhiannon's wedding are coming along swimmingly. I am suddenly sewing bridesmaids dresses and contrasting boleros. Also, cap sleeves for the wedding dress. Not to mention food. I am over the food procurement, preparation, and presentation.

The first dress I made was great, just whoppingly too big for Chelsea, sister of the groom. I went by her measurements, and chose what I thought was the appropriate size. It needed major adjustment, since it's strapless and Chelsea really wants it to stay where it belongs! Taking it in was more difficult than all the rest of the work. But it's just about finished, and looked good, and will be just fine. Then it was on to Cecilie's dress. Now, Cec wouldn't measure herself for me, so I am just winging it on size, remembering how Cec looks and the sizing differential between pattern and actuality. She will be coming over today, and I have finished the top of the dress for her to try. I will not go and farther until it is proved to be the right size.

Sundaylee's dress is another matter altogether. She's the smallest of the bridesmaids, she's out of the area, and will not be able to try this on too much before the big day. I will have to ponder what to do about that one.

This is such an exciting time in family life. All of our children are in the area, and being together is a reminder of how we all came to be who we are.

2 comments:

Helene said...

So exciting- and so wonderful to have everybody nearby, for once. Does that mean that Timmy is home? Good luck with the dresses- weddings are so crazy!

Becky Blunt said...

Well, Lorraine, you're good in a crunch when it comes to dresses. You have the gift of execution.