Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chinese Food

I went out for Chinese food yesterday with my friend Gayle, and it was fun. I ate too much egg fu yung, and it was yummy. I got to bring a little home to enjoy for breakfast this morning, and it was good as a leftover, too.

Guess what, though? The server boxed it up, placed it in a paper bag, and put that bag in a PLASTIC BAG. THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE UNTIL I GOT HOME. Oh, my first plastic shopping bag of the year. Darn it!

This makes me more determined than ever to pay attention to the things I bring home. I would have done fine with just the paper bag, or even the nice little Chinese box without any bag. What a waste, and how irritating.

How about all of you? How are your goals for the new year going?

4 comments:

Becky Blunt said...

I've heard of people who take a little Tupperware with them for eating-out leftovers. Of course, that would give Isabel the Plastic Sadness.

Lorraine Butler said...

I can barely remember a bag to use at the store. In fact, I have simply been juggling my purchases to the car because I forget to bring the bags from the car. Tupperware (or fake tupperware!)?? No way. As for Is's plastic sadness--it must be a bummer to be her sometimes!

Frank and Julie said...

I saved paper by asking for my music from Hugo Helmer without a bag. It's a start don't ya think?

Lorraine Butler said...

Excellent start. It all begins with one time....