Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One Hundred Things Revisited; Nursery Note

After looking over my "kingdom," I have decided that it needs another overhaul. Winter brought with it an educational opportunity, along with another reason to collect books and stuff. I love all my new books and stuff, but that means our finite space is bursting with it and I need to purge, again. So, beginning ASAP, I will get rid of at least 100 things in the next few weeks.

I will probably start with a stack of books I got from a nice sister in the ward who was doing her own purge. What a silly I am! I brought home about 8 books, only one of which I will ever look at, and that's Silas Marner. And I am simply keeping that because I think my son, Silas, may like it.

Nursery Note: Little B. had his first official nursery day, and he did very well. He hung around the 2 big boys like a shadow. He isn't as sure on his 18-month-old feet as the experienced 3-year-olds, but he did his best to keep up most of the time.

The funniest thing happened after G. pestered T. with a plastic shark. G. kept pretending to have it bite T. while T. was chugging around on a little vehicle. T. did not like this one bit, and stopped moving. This irritated G. and he kept trying to push T. along with the shark, while growling. We re-employed the term, "No hands on friends," substituting sharks for hands. A little while later T. picked up the abandoned shark, flipped it over, grabbed the fin with one hand and the tail with another, and proceeded to shoot G. with his new makeshift gun. Very amusing.

4 comments:

Becky Blunt said...

Have you read the book "Stuff?"
Abbie lent it to me.
I have been purging closets ever since. Brr.

Lorraine Butler said...

Is it the one by Randy O. Frost?? About compulsive hoarding and the meaning of things? I am putting it on hold at the library now.

Doranda said...

T somehow manages to make everything into a gun.

Becky Blunt said...

Yes, that's the book.
Beyond voyeuristic ("Why do people do this?"), it gave me a lot of insights and clicked a few things into place in my mind, regarding myself and some of my relatives. Useful!