Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Do Chickens Eat Spaghettios?

Here are the spaghettios after the hens had retreated for a break.



I happened upon a can of Spaghettios in our storage, which I didn't buy. No one was going to eat it, because it's, well, hardly food. I thought I would try it out on my chooks.

Indeed, they did eat, albeit sporadically. 
I put the dish out in their yard, and they started gobbling. Then they stopped. One girl kept wiping off her beak on the straw, somewhat distressed. Or it seemed so to me. But they came back and came back. When I went out later it was all gone. So, yes, I believe chickens DO eat spaghettios. I don't think it was a huge hit, and I don't believe I will make a habit of feeding it to them. But in case you wanted to know, now you do.

2 comments:

Gayle Daly said...

Thank you for the delightful chuckle. I hope you don't come out in the morning and find your chicks dead.

Lorraine Butler said...

I just went out and checked; they're okay. But that may have to do with the Swiss chard I gave them last night. It could have counteracted the effects of the spaghettios.