Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Brownie in a Mug

Today I was not sugar-free. I try to be most days, and I succeed quite often. But not today.

After my work and chores for today I felt like a treat, and of course we had none. I didn't feel like making a big to-do so I settled on our son Justin's desperate measure: Brownie in a Mug. Justin has since changed the recipe, but I find this one satisfactory.

Thanks to Elise at simplyrecipes.com for the photo.

Here's how to make it: put all these things in your mug, mix them up, and microwave from 40 to 90 seconds.
Ingredients:
1/4 C flour
1/4 C sugar
2 T cocoa
2 T veg oil (I used coconut)
1/4 t vanilla
2 T water

Suggestions for serving include ice cream or whipped cream (I didn't have either). I just poured milk in and ate it with a spoon.

Do you have a go-to emergency treat? Please share it with me!

5 comments:

Gayle Daly said...

That looks good. I will put this recipe in an emergency place. Lately we have been keeping popsicles in the freezer. Root Beer and Banana are my favorites.

KariMarie said...

I love brownie in a mug. I also do a chocolate chip cookie in a mug.

1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. chocolate chips

In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk. Add in the flour and salt.
Mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips. Put the dough into a small microwaveable bowl, ramekin, or coffee cup.
Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until the cookie looks done.

Lorraine Butler said...

Ha ha, Gayle, my faves are root beer and banana, too!!

Lorraine Butler said...

Kari--that looks even better than a brownie. I should have known you would have such a treat idea on hand.

KariMarie said...

Reading your comments about popsicles, I think I need a fudgesicle. Followed by a mug treat. haha!