Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Update

I am inspired by my mother's regular emails from home that keep us up to date on what's going on there. I will return the favor in my blog. So, here goes. If there is no news, I won't be bringing up the person. When there is, I will.
Allan is still working hard as ever and does a great job at work and as the Ward Mission Leader. He is also taking a writing course, and working on projects for children. He has learned a lot and will be submitting some of his work soon. Business taxes are taking up plenty of his time, too.
I, Lorraine, still hope for chickens in the near future, but rain and other projects are getting in the way. My hen pen is almost finished. Today I took a trip to Snohomish County Court to submit the first of the paperwork to obtain official custody of Silas; I am scheduled to appear on Thursday, wish me luck on having the paperwork in order. Mom-in-law Jeanie, who's visiting, came with me, along with Ginger, and it was nice to have company.
Tim's girlfriend Britt, in Madagascar for a long-term service project was evacuated, and is with Tim in Shoreline. She will be shipping out to another country to complete her service in the next little while.
David will be graduating from BYU this spring in Microbiology. Way to go, David! He is looking ahead to working and getting into medical school.
Britta should be moving into a 2-bedroom apt this weekend with friends. We are storing her belongings until the big day.
Cecilie is serving food to the elderly in a retirement home at Northgate. As someone who appreciates food, she is compassionate and humane to her residents, and enjoys it most of the time. She has the best stories.
Justin finished swim team at Olympic High and is back at the community swim team. He is dreading the difficult practice today. Oh, and he received his driver's license this past week--Yay, Justin!
Silas is doing well and has made friends here. He has the ability to carry off the most wonderful outfits!! I will start taking pix for this segment of the blog so you can see just how his creativity in dress is manifesting itself.
No big news, really, but what the heck.
There's no big news on Chloe, but she is generally a joy to have around and I love playing Skip-Bo with her.
Oh, and Clyde the kitty is adjusting to our house. I discovered him playing with a hair scrunchy. I came in and told him it was nice to see him playing, and he looked down (in embarassment?) like a little kid caught singing. Only after I left the room did he go back to batting the scrunchie; I know because I peeked. It was funny.

More next week.

No comments: