Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vacation Devastation


Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, my trip to California is off. Instead of sun and fun I am here where there's doom and a messy teen's bedroom. Silas is now involved in Washington State's juvenile justice system, and is not going to be treated to a family trip at this time. There are too many things that can go wrong to pursue that path.

Instead, we will be hanging around here, getting some work done, possibly taking a day trip or two, and discovering where Si will go to school for the rest of the school year. Sound like your idea of a break?? Mine either. But, it is what it is.

On a brighter note, the weather-person tells me there is sun in the forecast! The garden needs to go in and the inside of the house needs painting. My hens are laying 2 or 3 eggs a day, and seem to be adjusted to their little home in our yard. Spring is coming and it has warmed up outside, for the most part. Lots of people THINK I am on vacation, so there won't be so many phone calls to deal with. And, last but surely not least, Silas and I will be able to enjoy some mother-son time together here at home doing what we do here.

No comments: