Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moving Through the 50 Things Project

Wow, it's hard to believe how difficult it is to get rid of 50 things! All the work I have done, and it's only like 14 things. Now, granted, I am not counting each button and screw I found on the dryer as an individual thing, but really. I keep going to the same places in the house and attempting to find something I don't want to keep. I did just find a photo album that I never opened, a gift from the past. But I am thinking of keeping that in the gift basket in the closet for a future gift, not getting rid of it. Hmmm.

So, I have completely cleaned out the linen closet in the upstairs hall, and I have begun to clean out the coat closet in the den downstairs. I have found that, since I don't live alone, I stumble upon (shelves and boxes of) things that don't belong to me, and I don't get to decide about the contents of those shelves and boxes. One example is a mysterious box over on what was once my husband's side of the garage. On the very top of the open box is a typing instruction book. Simply out of curiosity I picked up the book (which I long ago asked my husband if he really needs, and he said maybe) and looked at the copyright: 1970. It looks much older. It isn't, however, my book to get rid of, so I am keeping my hands off.

There are lots of things like that in our garage and various rooms in the house. My son's room is totally jammed with things. I know; when I stumble upon something that I think may be a candidate for my 50 things, I will just ask. There are a dozen broken drumsticks in the den; if you see them on my list, you will know I have succeeded.

No comments: