Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Monday, January 11, 2010

Goals for the New Year

I usually have a big planning pow wow with myself about yearly goals, but I don't feel like doing so much this year. I have about 4 goals:

1. Live in the moment. Don't fixate on the past and don't get all wrapped up in worrying about the future. I'm pretty good about this, but could improve. This goal is not measurable, so I will just have to make a point of doing it when I find myself not in the present. My quality of life will improve as I do this.

2. No plastic shopping bags. This was a goal last year, too. I have improved, but not as much as I had hoped. This is measurable: No (more) plastic bags in the broom closet.

3. This 3rd goal is too personal to share, but it's measurable and I should be able to accomplish it.

4. Keep doing all the good things I am doing, including spiritual-mental-physical-health and helping-other-people activities.

Do you set goals or have New Years Resolutions? What will you be working on this year?

2 comments:

KariMarie said...

I do set goals for myself, but not so much as a New Year's goal. Right now I am working on figuring out why I have anger issues when there is nothing to be upset about. (That's not too personal, right?!)

But I wanted to ask about your plastic bags. Do you have little garbage cans throughout your house? What do you line them with?

Lorraine Butler said...

I do line my little trash cans with small shopping bags. When I don't have any, though, I simply don't line them.