Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Master Gardener Class, Update on Goals

I have begun classes to become a Master Gardener. Sometimes the program seems more like Master Computer Wizard. The reading material, quizzes and assignments are all online through Washington State University Extension, and we go have live training on Fridays at the Norm Dicks building.

I am finding the computer side a little time-consuming and slow. I am learning a ton, and, believe me, after doing crossword puzzles and diagrams repeatedly and hoping the system will accept them (which it hasn't yet), I will know more than I ever wanted to!

The time with other students, community educators and mentors, and our fearless leader, Peg (WSU Extension employee), however, is great. What a wonderful group of people works in our county! I am impressed with their dedication to the program, and how generous they are with all of us, and each other.

Update on goals:

I have paid a total of $1.75 on library fines this year. So sad. My attitude is to continue in confidence that I am able to keep from accruing more fines. (Note: I was discussing my lofty goal with not 1 but 2 library workers at 2 separate times and both mentioned that they, the librarians, are the worst about keeping books out and racking up fines. Interesting, isn't it?)

No plastic bags yet.

Maintaining good habits. Hope to kick the sugar monster soon.

How about you? How are your goals or visions or revisions coming along?

No comments: