Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Monday, April 30, 2012

My One Weakness

Bleeding Heart
Sweet Woodruff


I am enjoying my garden, the community garden where I volunteer, and PLANT SALES! I put the Central Valley Plant Sale on my calendar, and it worked out that I was able to attend, albeit briefly. Which was a good thing, since I got there 20 minutes after it opened and the inventory was quite diminished..

Candy Tuft
Red Tulip
I spent $8.50 and came out with catmint, pineapple mint, 2 scented geraniums (gerania?), and a native plant called fringe cup to replace the one that I killed last year. It was a short, delightful, rather cheap activity that will hopefully give me much joy in the future.

Bluebell
Yellow Tulip

Borage



Calendula


Johnny Jump Up
Strawberry



Grape Hyacinth















Here are some plants from my garden that are doing well and giving me hope for the future of my little plot here in the space we live between East Bremerton and Silverdale, WA.

4 comments:

Allan Butler said...

I sure enjoy that you enjoy gardening!

Gayle Daly said...

I do not see how this is a weakness. What a wonderful investment of only $8.50

KariMarie said...

That's a great passion! You do a fabulous job! Do you have any of those "yellow" flowers? Some call them dandelions. That's Audrey's favorite to pick and bring me and she doesn't believe me when I tell her they are weeds and it's OK to get rid of them.

Frank and Julie said...

Your garden plants look wonderful. I can't wait for our Extension Plant sale in May. I always get my tomato plants there, so excited for that to come soon. I'm thrifty too with how much I spend at the plant sale. Under 20 bucks for tomato plants and few assorted others.