Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Accomplishing Goals

Colleen, Anne, and Agnes on the perch together.
Thrill of thrills, Aggie came down and joined her sisters after the big wind storm the other day. Is it because I isolated her outside that entire day? I like to think that had something to do with it, but it may not have. As they say in the statistics world, "Correlation is not cause." But, I am glad she is out of the nest, eating weeds and pecking away at all sorts of things.

Speaking of food, Annie ate some tomato pieces right out of my hand! Actually, I don't think she really ate them--she just took them out of my hand. Colleen then came and swiped them out of her mouth (beak?), and she came and got more. It was funny! I saw a photo once of a chicken eating out of her owner's hand and thought it looked cool.

Finally, I accomplished a goal this morning: I ran 3 miles without stopping. I have not done this since early college, when I ran with our dog, Juno. That was a long time ago!!! And it's hilly here, not like in the home of my youth. This was the last stop goal before I run a 5 k this summer, hopefully in August. If I keep this up, anyway

No comments: