Quotable Quote:

Who covets more, is evermore a slave. ~Robert Herrick

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crown Replacement

No, I didn't win a beauty contest. I had a wonderful lunch of popcorn, but noticed an extremely crunchy crunch toward the end of the bowl. After finishing up I checked my back tooth (crown) in the mirror, and lo and behold, it was jaggedy and multi-hued, and a trip to the dentist was in order.

Luckily, I got in at 2:30, and spent the rest of the day there.

Now I get to deal with the aftermath.

On a different note, I am happy to report that I have made great progress on my 50 Things Project, and am almost finished. You've all heard of Spring Cleaning, I am sure, but I have been doing Autumn Cleaning with a fury. Closets that contained who-knew-what are now rather empty and clean. Cabinets, bookcases, and end tables have been exorcized of their excess baggage and burdens. It is a wonderful thing, and I think I will try it every now and then. The timing is good for me, before Christmas, when projects take up the space that my junk has taken up in the past. I highly recommend it.

I have found myself thinking about what to get rid of all the time. I have had dreams about it. I have even made strides in growing as a person while working on this little project.

One thing that has helped has been that we went over the budget and I am on something of a self-imposed spending freeze. This means I am not buying things to take the places of the objects of which I have rid myself. No (thrift store) shopping therapy for me! I have put time that I may have spent shopping to good use, though, and have begun making my way through the great unknown in my home and garage.

Have you ever had an exorcism like this? What was it like?

No comments: